Band In The 2020-2021 School Year...How will it work?
- We will begin the year with remote-only small group instruction.
- Students who participate in instrumental music will participate in TWO exploratory classes: Instrumental music remotely; and their IN PERSON exploratory on days that they are physically in school.
- Students will only be responsible for work related to their IN PERSON exploratory on IN PERSON days. They WILL NOT need to attend remote sessions for their other exploratories or do work that is assigned on remote days.
- ANY TIME that is scheduled to be remote -- INCLUDING WEDNESDAYS -- will be spent with Mr. G for small group lessons.
- We will hold Google Meets through our Google Classroom, for which students have already been registered. I will also post further communications, announcements, and assignments there.
- Each section will have it's sectional (small group lesson) for approximately two and half weeks -- the same period of time as all other exploratories. We will begin the year with Flute Classes. With the first change to exploratories, we will begin Clarinet Classes, then Saxophones, Trumpets, Low Brass, and finally Percussion.
- Later in the second quarter. we will begin meeting as a FULL BAND. Tentatively, it will be approached in the same manner as our small group lessons. This will allow us all to meet together and replicate the ensemble experience as best we can, with the ultimate goal of producing an edited performance video for a virtual spring concert.
The Golden Stand Award
Each month, a band member is recognized for their commitment and dedication to the Higgins Band with the privilege of playing on the Golden Stand.